Canada Day Activities 2017 in Mississauga
This year, our great nation will celebrate its 150th birthday on Saturday, July 1st and there will be loads of FUN and ENTERTAINMENT for friends and family to enjoy in the city! As always, there are great activities to participate in on this fabulous summer statutory holiday. At Mississauga Kids, it is important to us that you have information in advance to plan your day and maximize your FUN! Here are some awesome events to consider, updated for 2017.
Mississauga Celebration Square – Event starts at 2:00 pm and runs until 10:30 pm– FREE Admission
300 City Centre Drive – Mississauga, ON
Join 100,000 of your friends to celebrate Canada’s 150th in the heart of Mississauga, at Celebration Square. Inspired by new beginnings, the Canada 150 event tells the story of our city, celebrating what connects us.
Featuring a live concert across two stages with unforgettable performances from internationally renowned JUNO Award winner K’NAAN. Rounding out the line-up are artists from all over Canada – from award winning DJ’s, a fusion table drummer, Latin pop singer, bombastic brass band and everything in between.
Hosted by Global News’ Alan Carter, Farah Nasser, and Jeff McArthur, this year’s celebration will have you waving your flags and moving your feet as house DJ, Bambii spins all day long.
Canada Day 150 Line-up:
– K’NAAN, JUNO Award winner best known for his international hit “Wavin’ Flag”
– Neon Dreams, Electro Pop band hailing from the east cost
– DJ Shub JUNO & Aboriginal Peoples Choice Music Award Winner
– Fito Blanko Mississauga’s own and Latin Grammy award winning artist
– Shobhit Banwait, YouTube sensation and fusion tabla drummer
– Metis Fiddler Quartet presented in collaboration with the Peel Aboriginal Network
– The Heavyweights Brass Band, purveyors of big sound and feel good music
– Brilliance Together live pop art performance by JessGO
– The Glowing Hearts Drumline
Cap off the celebration with an epic fireworks finale presented by Tim Hortons.
2 – 6 pm
Make a big splash this Canada Day 150 at Camp Canuck presented by Toyota. Camp Canuck has something for families and kids of all ages including:
– Splash around in the fountain to uncover Rain Works, the invisible public art inspired by Mississauga’s Poet Laureate Wali Shah
– Visit the SESQUI Pavilion. Celebration Square is excited to announce that Mississauga is one of the stops on the Canada wide SESQUI Virtual Reality Exhibition Tour. This VR experience features 5-minute stories about Canadians who are shaping their world through creativity. Visitors can also make their own Sesquatch, allowing Canadians to explore their identity in an interactive and playful way.
– Take in live performances on the True North Busker Stage featuring encore performance by The Heavyweights Brass Band and extreme yo-yo performer YO-K
– Capture the moment at the 360 degree photobooth
– Share some love with Canada’s Biggest Birthday Card
– Enjoy Canadiana inspired roaming stilt walkers and acrobats, face painters and crafts, and so much more.
Join Mayor Bonnie Crombie as she kicks off the Official Ceremony with a special Canada 150 Parade of Nations, presented by Carassauga at 4:20pm and participate in the Canadian Citizenship reaffirmation oath.
Also, be sure to come hungry and indulge in one of the many food trucks all day long.
Village of Streetsville – Festivities start at 6:00 pm and fireworks at 10:00 pm – FREE Admission
The Streetsville BIA is hosting its annual Streetsville Canada Day Celebrations on Saturday, July 1st, 2017. There will be lots of crafts, games and activities for the kids, live entertainment and lots more!
Join the BIA for the official Canada Day Opening Ceremonies starting at 6:00 pm. From then until 10:00 pm, you can enjoy a variety of fun activities. At 10:00 pm, the evening wraps up with a fantastic fireworks show.
Stay tuned for more information in regards to what activities will be available and what the entertainment lineup will look like.
Paint the Town Red in Port Credit – TWO DAYS – July 1st and 2nd! – FREE Admission
For the first time in 14 years, Paint the Town Red, Port Credit’s Canada Day Celebration will be a two-day event, from Saturday July 1st to Sunday July 2nd, to celebrate Canada’s 150thbirthday on Mississauga’s vibrant waterfront community.
The Festivities begin on July 1st with the Hazel McCallion Canada Day Parade along Lakeshore Road. Followed by an enormous cake cutting, served by wonderful volunteers. Dignitaries, Mayor Bonnie Crombie, Sven Spengemann MP, The Honourable Charles Sousa MPP and Jim Tovey Ward 1 Councillor will also help serve cake, mingle with the crowd, and maybe even pose for selfies!
At noon, head over to Port Credit Memorial Park where live music, tribute and local bands, and up-and-coming stars will entertain you throughout the afternoon and evening. There is a great selection of local and international food and craft vendors to enjoy. There will also be several Canadian artists, youth groups, children’s entertainers, and a Kids zone in the park.
On Saturday night, they end the first day of festivities with a BANG, a phenomenal 25-minute fireworks display lighting up the Port Credit skies.
Celebrate Canada’s 150th in Port Credit. OH CANADA!