Looking for something fun to do with the kids? Why not break out the craft box. Angela from Creative Kids Place in Mississauga has suggested this easy to do at home summer craft. If however you just cleaned the house and the idea of glue and glitter is daunting remember that Creative Kids Place does have drop in craft time!
Here is a craft you can do at home:
Ice Cream Cone Craft
Things you will need:
- Construction Paper
- Styrofoam Ball (about 2 ¼ “ or 2 ½ “ in diameter)
- Scotch Tape
- Tissue Paper
- Small Beads & Glitter for Decorating
- Start by cutting a sheet of construction paper to a size of about 9” by 5”. Then roll the sheet in the shape of a cone around the Styrofoam ball.
- When you have the right cone shape tape the cone in place. Glue the Styrofoam ball to the cone by putting glue on the top inside of the cone.
- Let dry for a few minutes.
- Cut and glue ribbon around the top edge of the cone.
- Cut tissue paper in small 1 inch squares.
- Then glue the tissue squares all over the top of the Styrofoam ball.
- Spread glue on top of the tissue paper then apply small beads and glitter for decoration.
- Then top off with a large pompom followed by a smaller pompom.
- Let dry.
Does your kid like crafts or like being creative? Creative Kids Place is a Craft & Party Centre located in Mississauga that offers drop ins, birthday parties, summer camps & group events. Need to keep the kids busy this summer? Why not sign them up for a week of summer camp or even just a day or two here and there. Kids will have fun while being creative and enjoy 2 outings per week. Or if you are just looking for an activity to do with the kids drop by and kids can choose from ceramic painting, t-shirt painting and stuffing teddy bears. For more information call Creative Kids Place at (905) 820-5437 or visit their website at CreativeKidsPlace.ca.